It is important to draw up your terms and conditions for both trade customers and for the public. They should include:
- Details of your minimum orders
- Carriage/delivery - is it free or charged to the customer?
- What is the recommended retail price? It is useful to include this, as you will often be asked to provide a figure by shops.
- Any conditions about display or point of sale material (if you provide any)
- Credit terms
- What deposit is necessary - when a member of the public places an order always take a deposit or ask for full payment in advance.
- Details of any interest charges that you will charge on any outstanding debts.
- Once an order is placed, get the customer to sign it and make sure they are aware of the relevant terms and conditions.
More information is available from craftscotland.